Frequently Asked Questions
- My items are not showing up in my cart
- If you are not seeing your products in your shopping cart right away, browser cache may be to blame. Go to your view and edit cart page to review the products you have selected or to complete checkout.
- How long do temporary tattoos last on skin?
- Our temporary tattoos last about 3 days, depending on the size and placement of the tattoo. Temporary tattoos last much longer when applied in an area that isn’t rubbed often. For the best application of your tattoo, be sure your skin is dry, and free of oil, lotion and makeup, since temporary tattoos apply best to clean, dry skin. Try to choose a smooth, hair-free area of skin that doesn’t crease or stretch when you move. Once applied, temporary tattoos are waterproof, so they won’t come off in the shower, pool, or in that water gun fight with your family! Temporary tattoos can be easily removed with a bit of rubbing alcohol, hand sanitizer, baby oil or even with a few strips of transparent household tape.
- Are temporary tattoos safe for application on my skin?
- Of course! These temporary tattoos are so safe, that we have applied them to babies. All of the temporary tattoos we manufacture are safe and non-toxic. We use FDA certified colorants and all products exceed US, Canadian and European Union safety standards for cosmetic and toy products. Certification documentation is available upon request.
- How are temporary tattoos applied?
- Temporary tattoos are fast and easy to apply; all you need is water. Your skin should be clean, dry and free of lotion, oils and makeup. First, remove the clear, protective top sheet. Then, press the tattoo firmly onto your skin with the design facing down. Hold a wet cloth against the back of the tattoo, press down and make sure to wet the paper thoroughly. Wait 30 seconds and slowly peel off the paper backing. Gently rinse the image with water for the best results and allow the temporary tattoo to dry before touching or covering with clothing. Every TemporaryTattoos.com tattoo has application instructions printed on the back as well.
- How are temporary tattoos removed?
- You can easily remove temporary tattoos with rubbing alcohol, hand sanitizer, baby oil, or transparent household tape. Temporary tattoos are resistant to water and most soaps to ensure that they last about 3 days.
- How can I check on the status of my order?
- You will receive an order confirmation email immediately after placing your order. A follow up email with a shipment date and details will be sent when your order ships. Please add email@example.com to your ‘safe senders’ or ‘safe recipients list’ to ensure delivery of emails. If you wish to check the status of an order, feel free to contact Customer Service. Please remember that standard production time for custom classic temporary tattoos is 5 business days and in-stock temporary tattoo orders are fulfilled within 2 business days. Because we print all types of custom tattoos, talk to us about production times for special orders or unique requests. This production time should be added to your selected shipment time to determine your estimated or guaranteed delivery date.
- When will my tattoos ship?
- In-stock temporary tattoo orders ship within 2 business days. Classic custom temporary tattoo orders ship in just 5 business days, guaranteed! Custom tattoos with premium effects have a longer production time:
- PrismFoil tattoos ship 11 business days after art approval
- Glow in the Dark tattoos ship 10 business days after art approval
- Glitter tattoos ship 10 business days after art approval
Once we receive final approval on artwork, production on your custom tattoos begins on the next business day. To determine your delivery date, add the production time to the shipping time you have selected. Guaranteed 5 business day shipment excludes special circumstances such as proofs, special packaging, temporary tattoos with premium effects (mentioned above), changes, and payment delays. Here are some guidelines to help you figure out when you should be expecting your temporary tattoos:
- Proofs. We do not automatically provide digital proofs for custom tattoo orders. Our in-house art department will ensure that your artwork is set-up and ready for print for no additional charge. If you require a proof of your artwork, please leave a note in the special instructions when placing your order online. A proof may delay shipping your order by 1-2 business days. Email proofs are free upon request.
- Changes: Any change that is requested after you have place your order and submitted artwork may delay production time and will be subject to a change fee. Special Packaging. Your custom temporary tattoos will be individually cut to size, rubber-banded in bundles of 200, chipboarded in 100's and bagged in bulk (unless requested otherwise). Contact us for details on other types of packaging or view some examples on our Special Packaging page. Allow up to 10 additional business days for special packaging.
- Premium Effects: We offer some really cool effects on temporary tattoos, including custom glitter, glow in the dark, or PrismFoil. These take a little more production time, but it’s well worth the wait!
- Payment: Payment is required online at the time of your order. Business days exclude holidays and weekends.
- Need your tattoos quickly? Faster production time is available for an additional rush fee. Please contact Customer Service if you have any questions or for rush production details.
- Can I make my own custom temporary tattoos?
- Of course, whether you are interested in a company logo or a unicorn riding a spaceship, we have you covered! You can make custom temporary tattoos of any image you own, from personal photos to original artwork and logos. Just select the size and quantity of tattoos you would like to order, and then upload the image. It's that easy!
- What sizes are available for custom temporary tattoos?
- You can make custom temporary tattoos in almost any size! The smallest size is 1.5 inches by 1.5 inches and there is no limit to how large we can make tattoos. For questions regarding ordering other sizes, please contact Customer Service.
- What is the difference between imprint size and trim size?
- A 1/8” margin between the printed image and the edge of the paper, on all four sides, is required for all custom temporary tattoos up to a 3" paper size. Therefore the custom temporary tattoo itself is 1/4” smaller than the paper size selected (ex. a 2”x2” tattoo has a 1.75”x1.75” imprint area). A 3/8” margin between the printed image and the edge of the paper, on all four sides, is required for all sizes over a 3" paper size (ex. a 3”x3” tattoo has a 2.625x2.625” imprint area). This applies to any custom temporary tattoo size you order.
- How many colors can be used?
- All classic temporary tattoos are printed in full color, using CMYK 4-color process, so your design can have as many colors as you would like. We include all of our white ink options at no additional cost. Because we use proprietary skin-safe ink, we cannot match PMS colors. We can however, come very close and help you understand our color tolerances if you call us. Custom backs are free in greyscale with an additional fee for color backs.
- Will I receive a proof of my artwork for custom temporary tattoos?
- We do not automatically provide digital proofs. TemporaryTattoos.com has a fully-staffed, professional art department that will make any touch-ups necessary without charge to you. If you need a proof, please make a note in the special instructions when you order online. Requested proofs need to be approved via email and returned before we can process your order. Once you approve the proof, we are not liable for any errors or changes made. A proof may delay shipping your order by 1-2 business days.
- What are the custom temporary tattoo white effect options?
- White ink can be tricky with temporary tattoos. Feel free to call us if you are unclear how to proceed! We offer three white ink options free of cost:
- No white ink: Any white areas in the design will be clear when applied to the skin, and your skin color will show through.
- Spot white ink: The tattoo will be printed with white ink where specified in the “Special Instructions.”
- Flood white ink: The entire image is printed with white ink behind the design. When the tattoo is applied, the colors will be vibrant and the white areas will be white.
- Are there any charges for artwork touch-up or set-up for custom temporary tattoos?
- There are never any charges for touch-up or set-up of your artwork.
- Can I have my website or other information printed on the back of my custom temporary tattoos?
- Yes! We will print your website, social media accounts, a promotion code or any other information for free, in black ink, on the back of your custom temporary tattoos. Please note this information in the 'Custom Back' field when you place your order and upload your artwork. A 4-color back is available for an additional charge. Please note: we cannot ensure compliancy when a custom back is used.
- Can you make metallic/flash, glitter, glow-in-the-dark, scented or neon custom temporary tattoos?
- Yes! Please see our Custom Tattoos page to place your order online, or contact Customer Service.
- PrismFoil tattoos are printed in full-color to make your designs shine.
- Glow in the Dark tattoos must be charged by exposing tattoos to light. The white portions of your design will glow.
- Glitter tattoos add multi-colored glitter to make your designs sparkle.
- You can find in-stock glitter, glow in the dark and metallic temporary tattoos which are ready to ship, too!
- What artwork formats do you accept for custom temporary tattoos?
- We can work with any type of digital file you have available, except for CorelDraw files (.cdr) or artwork saved in Microsoft Office (.doc, .ppt, .exc). We prefer files to be high resolution, color-corrected flattened CMYK. If the file is a .jpg, .tiff, or .psd, please be sure they are at least 300dpi at the size you want printed. Vector .eps and .ai files should have the fonts outlined and all placed images embedded.
- How are my custom and in-stock temporary tattoos packaged?
- Each custom temporary tattoo is individually cut to size and has a clear, protective cover. Custom temporary tattoos are bundled in quantities of 200 and bulk bagged. In-stock temporary tattoos are delivered in a protective polybag or package. Special packaging options are available. Give us a call and we can work out just about any package no matter how complicated.
- Can I request samples before placing an order?
- We do not produce pre-production samples; however, we can certainly send you some random samples of in-stock temporary tattoos. Please email your complete shipping address and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to send those out. Our sample requests are generally fulfilled within 2 business days and shipped via United States Postal Service. If you would like to receive samples sooner than this, please provide your carrier account number.
- What are the minimum/maximum custom temporary tattoo quantities that I can purchase?
- The minimum order quantity for classic custom tattoos is 25 pieces per design (100 for premium effects). There is no maximum order size. If you find a current lower price on comparable custom temporary tattoos, we will match the price and beat it by 10% - guaranteed.
- What methods can I use to pay for my temporary tattoos?
- We accept most major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, Discover, AMEX, PayPal or wire transfer (may be subject to additional charge). Please contact Customer Service with any questions or concerns, Monday - Friday from 6:00am to 5:00pm MST
- Do you charge sales tax?
- Sales tax is calculated based on the current tax rate of the shipping address listed at the time of purchase.
- Are International duties and taxes included in the price of my order?
- All recipients of International shipments from TemporaryTattoos.com are responsible for any taxes and import duties, where applicable, that may be charged in the country to which the order is shipped. As with any International shipment, your national customs authority may detain the merchandise and delay its arrival while assessing appropriate duty charges. These taxes and duties differ in each country. Please contact your customs authorities for more information.
RETURNS / REFUNDS / GUARANTEES
- What is the return / refund policy?
- TemporaryTattoos.com delivers innovative, high-quality products and stands behind all of them with a 100% Unconditional Satisfaction Guarantee. This guarantee means that if you are not satisfied with any purchase for any reason at any time, contact us and we will replace the product, credit your account, or refund your purchase price. We aren’t happy unless you’re happy!
- What is the lowest price guarantee?
- Nobody beats our prices. If you find a current lower price on any comparable product we offer, we will match the price and beat it by 10% - guaranteed.
How much is shipping and handling? Economy shipping is free for online domestic orders over $10 and international orders over $40 (Max $100 discount for shipping)! Shipping costs may apply for all International orders and many options are available. What shipping options are available? We offer a variety of Domestic and International shipping options through the United States Postal Service (USPS) and Federal Express (FedEx). Please note whether a shipment option is guaranteed or an estimate. We will also ship by your carrier of choice when you provide your account number and any other necessary information to do so. This does not apply to our U.S. free shipping offer.What are the U.S. (Domestic) shipping times for the options offered? USPS First Class Mail (3-4 business days; estimated) FedEx Ground (1-5 business days depending on location; estimated). Charges apply if you choose any of the following expedited FedEx Domestic shipping options:
- FedEx Priority Overnight (10:30am next business day for most locations; guaranteed)
- FedEx Standard Overnight (3:30pm next business day; guaranteed)
- FedEx 2Day (2 business days; guaranteed)
- FedEx Saver 3Day (3 business days; guaranteed)
SAFETY / COMPLIANCE
- Are TemporaryTattoos.com tattoos and other products safe?
- You bet! All temporary tattoos exceed US, Canadian & European Union safety standards. Color additives have been approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as cosmetics. This means the FDA has determined they are safe for “direct dermal contact”. All TemporaryTattoos.com tattoos are manufactured in the United States. Every product package and individual temporary tattoo contains ingredient information as required by the FDA. Further, the reverse side of every individual tattoo has a link to a website where any concerns about safety can be reported by the consumer with the product number. Safety testing documentation is available upon request.
- Is TemporaryTattoos.com compliant with social accountability requirements?
- Yes! Many systems and processes are in place to support social accountability requirements including those in national, state and local laws. TemporaryTattoos.com complies or exceeds all social audit and good manufacturing practice audits. These include provisions regarding: child labor, forced and compulsory labor, health and safety, freedom of association and right to collective bargaining, discrimination, disciplinary practices, working hours, remuneration and management systems.
- What does a G-7 Master Print Qualification mean?
- G7 is a specification defined by the Print Colorimetrics Working Group of IDEAlliance, a nonprofit association that identifies best practices for efficient end-to-end digital media workflows — from content creation through distribution. Qualification begins with a complete survey of the production process, including press, plating and proofing.